Welcome to our Birthing Pages
Read more about our antenatal classes and birth preparation programmes
Whether you have just taken your pregnancy test or are 38 weeks pregnant, there is something Lazy Daisy® and the Daisy Birthing® antenatal and active birth programme can do for you - and with new teachers appearing across the UK all the time (including an array of teachers in England and now our in Scotland and Wales too), our wonderful movement based and active birth education is becoming ever more accessible to all mums to be keen to enjoy an relaxed-active birth!
Our approach to birth education and weekly antenatal movment classes is completely unique. Whilst many other antenatal programmes use traditional 'class room' based antenatal education or pregnancy yoga based stretch, breathe & relax techniques, Daisy BirthingÂ® is one of the only antenatal class programme to utilize a completely wonderful multi sensory approach which allows mums to enjoy gentle pregnancy appropriate movement, alongside a range of innovative props, music and hypnosis based scripts which really bring the birth journey to life and allow them to experience as near as possible, a virtual labour!
The aim of Daisy Birthing® antenatal movement classes
Essentially the aim of all our antenatal mentors (mums like you who are passionate about birth) is to help you birth with confidence and excitement, whatever your birth plan! Daisy Birthing® classes are here to provide friendly tuition in relaxed-active birth techniques which are equally suited to a hospital or home birth (we do not believe in movement for movements sake, but movement for improvement). Our antenatal classes really can help you unlock the key to easier birth, just read here to see what our mums think.
Lazy Daisy mum only weekly antenatal classes and our couples birth preparation and active birth workshops provide the ideal forum for you to meet and talk to other parents to be (both in classroom and virtually through our web class groups) re-creating the mother-to-mother wisdom and peer to peer support which is often lost in today's fast paced and commuter based societies
Alongside the support, Daisy Birthing® classes and workshops aim to provide the most inclusive 'active birth and holistic pregnancy education class type' that we know of within the UK backed by FEDANT approval. (We are exceptionally proud to have been one of the first antenatal movement education programmes to obtain FEDANT recognition in Summer 2009, setting the benchmark for other providers). The Daisy Birthing® 'move to improve' education will help you to better understand, sense and interpret the pattern and rhythm of labour (we call our tools practical birth metaphors), making you completely confident and ready for your birth journey.
Our birth specific movements are designed to work on the often forgotten 'key birthing muscles' like the psoas and piriformis - vital for helping you release in labour (as featured in Practical Parenting Feb 2011).
Of course relaxation is just as important to us as the movement and with this in mind, Daisy Birthing® classes also aim to create powerful birth anchors allowing you to keep in control of adrenalin levels on d-day. Our labour music will guide your through your classes and guide your through your labour! The self hypnosis inspired parts of our class undoubtedly help you chill out in pregnancy and in labour (as featured in Practical Parenting 'How to experience a chilled out birth' Sept 2010)
How are Daisy Birthing® antenatal movement classes delivered?
Our birthing method is delivered both through weekly mum only antenatal sessions led by experienced and friendly peers which combine movement, education and relaxation in a really chilled out and flowing class AND
Through more intensive workshops for mum to attend with her birth partner
- Our friendly team of mums, all trained as Daisy Birthing antenatal movement teachers as approved by FEDANT, are here to help you and to provide an opportunity in your week for complete relaxation
So Why Daisy Birthing® antenatal movement classes?
Quite simply why not!! But if you do need reasons, even after reading the fab birth stories and benefits on our site, please remember:
- Our antenatal movement classes are all inclusive, linking movement to breath, breath to relaxation and birth educaiton to 'doing' - move to improve.
- Our weekly antenatal movement sessions cost just £9 per week (huge value when some hypnosis based programmes retail at £50 plus).
- The Daisy Birthing® antenatal and active birth method is suitable for ALL mums even those with SPD and Pelvic Pain AND can really provide benefits to those mums who know they have to have an elective C-Section too. Every birth should be a good birth!
- Our techniques can be used even if you have to be monitored for part of your labour - micro is the key!
- We do not expect you to learn set routines for birth as every mum is individual and needs something subtely different - rather we make sure you have an inherent understanding of how gravity, micro movement and 'reclaiming birth space' benefits you during pregnancy and during labour. Our teachers call this the birthing 'tool kit', allowing complete choice and adapting to changing direction on d-day!
- We can provide 'no nonsense' dad friendly sessions to support the package you are receiving as mum to be.
- Daisy Birthing® weekly antenatal movement classes can help common pregnancy ailments like: back pain, rib pain, heartburn, carpel tunnel .... you name it!
- We ensure you deal with cervical congestion during pregnancy so that 10cm dilated really is 10cm dilated!
- Daisy Birthing® antenatal movement classes are unique in their approach to release the psycological muscles in your body so you can really relax into labour.
- We are fun!!!!
- We help you feel great in pregnancy and great about birth.
- Postbirth, we help you feel great about parenting and provide forth trimester classes like no other (yes your baby really does come with a 'calming' button - seriously!), where all mums, parening styles, feeding choices, nappy choices, sleep beliefs are respected!
Find Antenatal Classes and Birth Workshops in : Aldershot, Aylesbury, Banbury, Barnstaple, Basingstoke, Battersea, Beckenham, Benfleet, Biggleswade, Birmingham, Bodmin, Bradford, Braintree, Bristol, Brighton, Bromley, Bromsgrove, Bury St Edmunds, Cambridge, Canterbury, Cardiff, Channel Islands, Chelmsford, Chester, Chesterfield, Cirencester, Cleveland, Colchester, Conwy, Corby, Darlington, Dartford, Daventry, Diss, Doncaster, Dunmow, Dunstable, Durham, Edgbaston, Ely, Exeter, Farnham, Faversham, Felixstowe, Fleet, Frodsham, Glasgow, Godalming, Goring-By-Sea, Grantham, Greenwich, Guernsey, Guildford, Halstead, Hampton, Harrogate, Hartlepool, Harwich, Haslemere, Haverhill, Hemel Hempstead, Hertford, Horsham, Hove, Hounslow, Huddersfield, Huntingdon, Ipswich, Jersey, Kelvedon, Kettering, Kingston, Kirkby, Leighton Buzzard, Lewes, Lewisham, Liverpool, London Boroughs, Lowestoft, Luton, Middlesborough, Mildenhall, Milton Keynes, Newcastle, Newcastle under Lyme, Newmarket, Nottingham, Northallerton, Northampton, Northwich, Ormskirk, Otley, Paignton, Peterborough, Petersfield, Plymouth, Portishead, Portsmouth, Rayleigh, Reading, Redditch, Richmond & Kew, Romsey, Rushden, Saffron Walden, Salford, Seaham, Sheffield, Shefford, Shipley, Sleaford, Slough, Solihull, Southampton, Southport, Stafford, Stevenage, Stone, Stowmarket, Stroud, Sunderland, Swindon, St Albans, St Ives, St Neots, St Teath, Tendring, Thetford, Truro, Twickenham, Vale of White Horse, Ware, Warrington, Waterlooville, Welwyn Garden City, West Lothian, West Wickham, Winchester, Wirral, Wolburn Sands, Woodbridge, Worthing, Yarm