Couples Active Birth Education
4 hour intensive or 3 session Course from just £75
Key Features of this relaxed-active birth workshop
- Covers bringing balance to uterus, OFP, gravity and position for labour, massage, reebozo work, tools for each stage and relaxation techniques
- An approved Active Birthing workshop (approved by FEDANT 2009 reassuring you of our safety and professionalism)
- We're accessible for all couples, young, more mature and whether planning a hospital or home birth.
- This course is completely 'embarassment' free ... you will not be asked to model movements rather we model them for you!
- We provide a community of like minded parents all wanting to talk about the positives of birth (including virtual community for every attending mum).
- We provide a highly cost effective way to experience couples birth education and a highly time efficient way too! Just one 4 hour session will take you from natural ways to help labour begin, through to the forth trimester with your baby.
- We're affordable with this combined education costing from just Â£75 per couple
- This is for mum to be and her birth partner (who ever that may be)
Is this the right couples Birth Education for You?
If you are looking for a workshop which explores how to enjoy a more natural and active birthing from beginning to end, we are the ideal pregnancy and birth preparation class for you!
If however you want to move to improve, not move for movements sake, we are again the very course you need. Our approach is unique as we embrace what we call relaxed-active birthing.
If you and your partner want to learn from down to earth, easy to understand and extremely practical FEDANT approved teachers, we are the ideal couples birth preparation for you! We are normal mums with exceptional birth understanding and a completely quirky and unique way of helping you to understand and helping you to remember!
If you relate better to practical analogies rather than obstetric props and If you are between 30 weeks to 38 weeks pregnant, whatever your age, background or experience, we are the right workshop for you! Just ask previous couples about our pastry cutters!
What are we all about?
Daisy Birthing® for couples is so much more than just another couples antenatal education workshop. Designed around our tried and tested weekly format, our founder has taken into account what mums2be require in order to put their techniques into a virtual birth order and what dads2be require in order to make the education enjoyable and meaningful.
Having attended antenatal classes with her 3rd baby (her husband's 1st baby), Julie was able to collate a wealth of feedback about what dads like and dislike. They told us that they:
- Don't want to play games or find out facts about the person sitting next to them - they're more interested in their partner and their birth!
- Don't want to split into all mum and all dad groups - they are there to prepare with their partner!
- Don't want to look at obstetric tools or pictures of baby's head crowing - they don't need to learn to deliver a baby just how to support their partner as nature takes it's course!
- Don't want to feel embarrassed or self conscious!
What they did want however is exactly what we have designed to provide (and now offer both from our head office studio in Ipswich, Suffolk but also at an additional 20 locations throughout England and Scotland):
- No nonsense education in practical every day language and using real life metaphors to help understanding!
- A real understanding of the physiology of labour - what causes the process to happen and what causes the process to falter.
- Techniques which enable them to provide meaningful support (through prompts, breathing, massage and practical tasks).
- A chance to ask questions and a chance to understand what active birthing is all about.
- REAL teachers - mums who have experienced birth themselves and ideally experienced this within the last 3-5 years!