Touch Therapy for Pregnancy and Beyond
We will shortly launch a directory of pregnancy massage therapists who have received the â€˜daisy stampâ€™ by Lazy Daisy.
Our own pregnancy massage module is FEDANT approved and led by our founder Julie Long, who has over 10 yearsâ€™ experience of massage therapies/pregnancy massage and has worked with 3000+ pregnant mums both in the treatment room and in the birthing room!
Daisy approved pregnancy massage therapists will have attended our 1-day CPD course and undertaken advanced study in:-
- Contraindications and supine vena cava hypertension
- Side lying and forward leaning treatments - the benefits to mum and baby
- Release of the soft tissues for optimum foetal positioning (including pelvic floor and cervical ligaments)
- Lymphatics and cervical congestion
- The piriformis release and effects on positioning and labour
- The psoas release and effects on positioning and labour
- Reebozo and singing bowl release
- Merkel disc and Meissener corpuscles
- Labour massage for partners
- Touch to breath to affirmation routine (using the unique Lazy Daisy music â€“ the ideal accompanying anchor to your Daisy Birthing classes)
- After care movement and positioning